It has been a while hasn’t it. Nothing like the Playoffs and a Roadie to rejuvenate the mind, body and soul. It also helps when the NHL Playoffs are absolutely insane, dare I say… a gongshow?
See what I did there? Gongshow is the name of this company too.
For those of you out there who haven’t seen my stuff or know who I am… I guess I am the resident big mouth tearing down everything there is and giving you nothing but skin and bones. For those of you who do remember me… Guess I am doing something good to be remembered. As I said above, a Playoff Roady helps gives you the bug to talk about what the heck is going on in Hockey. Whether it is the NHL or my specialty the OHL. It was in fact an OHL road trip to Saginaw this past weekend that got the juices flowing. It was also the cheap dip, barley and hops water, and of course the lovely blonde and a friendly bartender. Story about the trip in another post. Please endulge me for a minute…
It would be naive of me to think that any of you reading this has not watched a minute of the NHL playoffs. IF you haven’t seen a single second, what are you doing here? Rather than attempt utilizing my grade 7 English writing skills. I will make this easy for everyone.
- With the Vancouver Canucks on the verge of being swept in the first round, does it shock anyone else that it isn’t because of
poor goaltending that they are down 3-0 to LA.
- Shea Weber is making WWE popular again, the only thing missing was him pointing to the crowd waiting for them to count along… 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9…. 10!!!
- The Pittsburgh Penguins and the Philadelphia Flyers are the most entertaining series, during play and after the whistles…
but why are the more inexperienced refs being thrown to the wolves and made to look completely stupid with lack of enforcing the game.
- Ryan Kesler… 2 seasons ago he was thought of as the next Todd Bertuzzi (Pre-Moore) in Vancouver… now he must be always playing Marco Polo. ‘Fish Out Of Water!’
- So let’s get this straight, Daniel Sedin cannot play Games 1, 2 or 3, let alone fly to LA with the team, but could miraculously
play in Game number 4… what happened to needing to be symptom free for a week?
- Andrew Shaw… Did you guys see his brother Jason (@JasonShaw2) sound off on Twitter… oh you didn’t know he had a brother who plays in the OHL… wow I sound like OHLWonka right there…
- Speaking of Shaw, the kid gets 3 games? I spent 10 days straight talking to that guy during the Memorial Cup last year and let me tell you this. The kid will go all out and play his heart out, but never would he intentionally hit a goaltender for the sake of competitive advantage, he was getting out of the way and Mike Smith must have been taking notes from Kesler.
- Brad Marchand must have been also learning barrel rolls in gymnastics. Monday night was it? he took a hit, acted hurt,
looked up to realize the play is still going? Miraculous recovery.
- Must be pick on Marchand day… Backstrom gets a game for Brad practicing his standing longjump. Did you see how far he jumped when nudged? It is like sneaking up behind a girl and poking her in the sides.
- PIT Aaron Asham makes me laugh… who does he think he is Matt Cooke from 2009/10
- Is it possible to watch an entire period of FLA and NJ without thinking… I wonder if there is a Keeping up with the Kardashian’s marathon going on right now.
- Raffi Torres… I can still say the only Raffi I like is the man who created the song, ‘Bananaphone’. Check it out!
- Claude Giroux says the Flyers have respect for everyone in the Pens dressing room while Crosby says we hate them over there
- Brendan Shanahan… Let me just sum it up like this… would you want his job?
I think that summarizes the first round so far… yeah I left out the James Neal suspension note, and some other points. but this is what is bugging me. Thank goodness we get a heck of a lot more Don Cherry this time of year. I love my baseball and all but as a Canadian… it is a sin to miss Coach’s Corner.
Love me Hate me You are still going to comment. 4 points. no Joke.